Interestingly enough, I am in a position in life where I am obligated to teach people things. I don't mind doing this. I have learned, however, that when you're teaching something "new" to someone, you should assume all basic knowledge of the subject is not currently present.
What am I getting at?
Well, if you're teaching someone, say, how to wash dishes and soak them afterward in a diluted bleach bath, you should begin the lesson by explaining that bleach is a chemical. A chemical is something that may be hazardous if ingested. Ingesting means taking it into your body. Hazardous means dangerous. Dangerous = bad. That way, when you're teaching someone about soaking items in a bleach bath, they won't stick their finger into it and lick it.
That was a hypothetical example that didn't happen to me yesterday.
TTFN - TFF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment