Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome to El Juno!

Hello! Welcome to my blog... The title is my extremely diplomatic attempt at becoming multi-lingual. Just trying to include everyone; wanted to start off on the right foot and all. I've heard through the grapevine in order to get a job now-a-days, it really helps to parle dos languages.

All diplomacy aside, I do hope you all remembered to say "Rabbit, Rabbit" this morning as the first words to greet the day. (Or, "Kaninchen, Kanichen," if you happen to be German). I didn't know the origins of this peculiar tradition, so I did what every other self-respecting scholar does when they have a question: I Googled it. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_rabbit) this mini-chant spoken on the first day of the month brings good luck to the speaker. Interesting. I guess it also ties in the carrying around a severed rabbits appendage in your pocket --- remember the "lucky" rabbit foot?? I haven't seen one in decades. I expect the ASPCA had a little chat with the Celtics from 600 B.C. about that one.

Why am I here? Well, multiple reasons. Perhaps it is because I have extremely strange events that happen to me on a semi-regular basis that are too bizarre not to share... Perhaps it is because I am starting different ventures and want to serve as a sounding board for others interested in the same passions and also starting from scratch... Perhaps it is because I have a determined quest for knowledge and love to converse about the findings... Perhaps it is because I have the most vivid and imaginative dreams that could be script for motion pictures... Perhaps. Intrinsically, I think it is because I have decided that I miss writing to the point of re-integrating the penned word back into my life.

I will, from time to time, publish past writings, pictures, etc. to support my current ramblings. For now, I need to accomplish some chores and complete some eBay shipments. If you'd like to check out our shop, it's here: http://stores.ebay.com/Fox-Emporium. Thanks for reading and I'll see ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment